UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello , is a chance that a breach of Voluntary Termination

Hello , is a chance that a breach of Voluntary Termination of HP can be accepted by a court ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After contacted my HP company to set up a VT of HP , they forgot to turn to inspect this car , forgot to write , phone , email to re schedule . The car was taken by the police as I didn't renew the road tax . Now they ask me to pay back the rest of the contract HP , but I refused as I think they breached the Vt contract .
What should I do ?
Did they agree that they would arrange for the inspection, collection etc of the car on a specified date and if so, did they explain why they did not do as arranged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi , no phone call to apologise , no letter , no email , no date for re schedule a visit , nothing at all .
Had you agreed with them to come for the inspection on an agreed date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes Sir , a date was agreed to inspect this vehicle , I had to take a holiday day to wait for them , in vain !

You could try arguing that they did not keep their part of the bargain but until the car was in your possession, you should have taxed it or SORNed it.

The court may award less damages against you. If possible, you should try and recover the vehicle from the Police and hand it back to the HP company and charge them the costs for recovering it back from the Police and for the road tax.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After contacting the police, they told me the car have been scrapped . So tell me , is there any chance to win this case ?
I am afraid Not much chance.

Sorry but I can only advise you truthfully
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help , much appreciated . I will go to court and try to reduce the amount they ask me , if I was loaded , it would be easy but I'm not .
Got you.

Welcome and good luck