commissure
commissure,
41363181

I am a 63 year old male, between 1980 and 1990 I had three

Customer Question

I am a 63 year old male, between 1980 and 1990 I had three differant lamonectomies
on ruptured discs in my lower back, I was back at work 6 to 8 weeks after each opperation and stayed in work up untill 2010. By this time the pain was getting too much and I was forced to give up work, the surgeon that operated on me told me that I would suffer in later life as a result of the ops. I am now getting pain all the way down to my left foot,Iam having trouble with my bladder were i am havig problems to increse the flow and also to stop the flow. I am also having problems with my neck,if I move too quick in any direction I get a cracking noise followed by a sharp pain, I also get pain when sitting too long in one place. I am exercising by walking and swimming,swimming is now getting less as I am now suffering from arthritis in my right shoulder.
At this moment I am trying to get sick pay,my doctor is saying I am not fit for work but the people at ATOS say I am, I cant get job seekers alowance to get this you have to be fit for work, what can I do?
Expert:  commissure replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you should get your doctor to write you a letter to ATOS.

Dr. David :

it sounds like you have lots of scar tissue most likely in your spine from your prior surgeries.

Dr. David :

it also sounds like you have some pinched nerves in your lower back or sacrum causing loss of nerve function to your bladder and most likely causing pain going down into your foot.

Dr. David :

you should try to get an updated MRI scan of your neck spine and your lumbar and sacral spine as well.

Dr. David :

I bet you have some spinal cord compression which is affecting your bladder control.

Dr. David :

spinal cord injury can result in urinary retenion and also loss of anal sphincter tone as well.

Dr. David :

anal sphincter tone can be checked by a finger anal rectal exam.

Dr. David :

why did you rate poor service?

JACUSTOMER-cybk3hp4- :

sorry but i think it is the use of a solicitor I need.

Dr. David :

oh, you posted this question in medicine.

Dr. David :

I can try to transfer it into law

Dr. David :

I wish you hadn't given me poor ratings just because the question was in the wrong section.

Dr. David :

it can take some time for the question to go into the law category.

Dr. David :

please be patient.

JACUSTOMER-cybk3hp4- :

sorry but i dont know were i am with this it is getting too much for me

Dr. David :

why do you keep rating poor service?