tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi Tony, You gave me some advice last night on a partnership

Hi Tony, You gave me some advice last night on a partnership split, well today I have found someone that will buy the partnership. If my business partner sticks his heels in and we have to go to court will the court keep the business intact and allow it to be sold rather than close it down?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi there - thanks for this question.

tdlawyer :

No, the court will not force a sale against one of the partner's wishes. No one partner has the right to its property (to be sold or otherwise) to the exclusion of the other. You all have to agree. The Court will simply order it be wound up and the business ceased. In truth though, you're all going to want to get something for it if this happens, and I would have thought an agreement would be entirely possible if faced with something or nothing situation..

Customer:

Ok so that needs to go into the pot as a possible solution.

tdlawyer :

Yep :)

Customer:

Thanks Tony, no doubt I will be back to you tomorrow.

tdlawyer :

:) No problem at all. Try and have a relaxing Sunday!

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX