12826847

Myfather has died some time ago my younger brother took the

Customer Question

Myfather has died some time ago my younger brother took the ashes and hid them from us older sibblings now my brother is in prison and he left the ashes with somone to look after for him but this person was told under no circumstances give them to any family every family member new that fathers wishes were for the ashes to be taken back to Scotland to be put with other family members but this person wants to give the ashes but is more fearfull of what my brother will do to him when let out of prison I dont want anything else just the ashes to take back to Scotland can I demand the ashes without legal help thanks

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did your father write a will? If so, who was the executor?

Do you know who has the ashes and is it simply a case of getting them handed over?

On what basis will your brother "sell" the ashes? That seems most unusual.