75100385

Forgey

Hi...

My son has forged my signature to guarantee his accommodation without my knowledge . By the time I realised this I had been served court papers as he had been behind with his rent. Shall I just go and tell the truth ? He is 19 ...what are the implications if telling the truth ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If you tell the truth the Landlord could complain to the Police.

Alex Watts :

If this is the case then your son is guilty of fraud by false representation

Alex Watts :

He is likely to be prosecuted.

Alex Watts :

So it is a matter for you.

Alex Watts :

You can either pay the arrears and agree you are guarantor or inform the Landlord it is not you, in which case he/she may go to the Police.

Alex Watts :

Customer: Thanks for this, it is very helpful and will guide me in making a decision .