75100385

My college made me repeat in 1st year. I am the first person

My college made me repeat in 1st year.

I am the first person in the history of the school to repeat a year so it was beyond humiliating.

I repeated because I had panic attacks. The school said I had to correct them or they would not allow me into second year. I corrected them but they didn't believe me. They thought I was telling them what they want to hear.

18 complaints were made by other students explaining why this was illegal but the school didn't listen.

I had almost perfect attendance, was one of the only people in the school that did consistent written work (about 80% of students did little or no written work and usually stole mine.)
There is 4 core rules of the school (obvious things - progress, behaviour, attendance, good health). I abided by all of these and there was constant students who broke all of them voluntarily.

The school have admitted that they can't think of a single example of me being voluntarily being unprofessional but took no steps to rectify what is clearly an obstruction of justice.
I saw them last year to try to resolve this but they did nothing.

This has caused severe trauma which is makes life a daily struggle.

My father was a solicitor who has building a case against the school but then he suddenly died of pancreatic cancer.

I would appreciate some legal advice.
Thank You

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

basically, it's a three year course, because I had to do an extra year, I had to pay an extra £17,290 (for three terms and two bus fees),
I wish to have this returned to me as a private settlement as the school has yet to give me a legitimate reason why they made this decision.
I personally asked them last year which of the four rules of the school did I break for them to make such a drastic decision and they couldn't tell me.

Customer:

Let me know how much details you need because I have them already compiled just to give you as much of a grasp of the whole situation.

Alex Watts :

Apologies for the delay.

Alex Watts :

Have they refused to allow you to do this? Did you complain to the Ombudsman?

Customer:

I didn't ask them directly for the £17290.

Customer:

I thought it would be better to speak to a legal representative before doing that as it might damage my case/claims before I know all of the correct steps to best resolve this.

Customer:

asking for an amount may come across as a blatant threat so I want to double check with people who would have a better understanding

Customer:

no worries for the delay from you, i had a lot to do today

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

You can then go to the Ombudsman if you wish

Alex Watts :

They offer a free service and their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the seller and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Alex Watts :

As the claim is over £10,000 you would need representation at trial

Alex Watts :

Customer:

that sounds very thorough,
i will review all of the details you said
i appreciate this,
I was worried i may have been too vague in my description but you have given more than enough to work with.

Customer:

ill let you know if I can think of anything else, but for now, ill check all of the sources you mentioned.

Customer:

Cheers

Alex Watts : Of course.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/