31090051

A Bilder did an extension to my flat. The Electrician working

A Bilder did an extension to my flat. The Electrician working with him installed a new electrical fuse box. The MK fuse box was fitted with a mixture of breakers from different manufacturers; RCBO had been placed in board when no space, connected with fly leads.
Wrong rated fuse in switch-fuse spur.
The power supply under the bath (with jacusi) was not IP rated and pattress box was cracked-open to water.
The electrical certificate does not bear a reference number, and does not show that all the breakers were checked.

Am I entitled to compensation?

I thank you a for any help on the matter.

Yours faithfully,

Chantal Morel XXXXXXXXXXX or 0NNN-NN-NNNNXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

I presume that your contract was with the builder and that he subcontracted the electrician.

If the work wasn't carried out correctly you are entitled to claim the cost of the rectification works from the builder together with any other costs which relate directly from the breach of contract, eg, if you lost wages because you had to take time off work for example.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice.

However «it is not specific legal advice» ??

When I turn against the Builder, I would like to use you as a reference.

If it is not legal... how can I back my claim?

C. M.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The site puts that disclaimer in on the basis that we haven't seen the specific contract paperwork and are only answering the question based on your own narrative. However, my answer relates to the general contract law and is correct and can be cited at the builder if you wish.