12826847

My daughter brought a Tablet from Littlewoods catalogue for

My daughter brought a Tablet from Littlewoods catalogue for which she paid £149.00 for only for a fault to occur 2 months after she brought it. She rang Littlewoods who said she would have to return it to the manufacturers for repair as it had nothing to do with then for which she did only for it to be sent back as the manufacturers had gone into administration. I as her mother have spoken to the administrators Deloittes who have told me its up to the sellers to refund or replace its nothing to do with them. Someone is responsible for this. We have a tablet which is faulty and still under warranty and also £149 out of pocket. Please can u advise me.

Sue Ranger

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do we stand and who is responsible for to pay the refund?

Littlewoods are still based in the Uk I presume?

Do you have an address for them? Don't give it to me but do you have one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Littlewoods are the sellers of this item and your rights under the Sale of Goods Act are against them.

You do also have the general law of negligence to fall back upon against the manufacturer but there is no basis for saying that you can only rely upon that. In fact, your rights under the SGA are much better and should always be used first.

If they will not agree then you can issue here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

They are UK based so suing will be simple and quick.

You should really send them a letter before action though warning them of your intention to sue if they do not pay within 28 days.

Its very unlikely to come to contested hearing.