Dear Sir/madam On Saturday the 22nd of February 2014,

Dear Sir/madam

On Saturday the 22nd of February 2014, myself and friends made plans to attend a nightclub in wakefield as we do on a regular basis. Unfortunately whilst queuing, my friends were allowed entry and I was refused by one of the clubs door staff the reason being he said I’d had too much to drink. I politely accepted this without question and told my friends to proceed on without me as I was going for something to eat. Only after this the friends I was with urgently came to find me to give me some very disturbing information. They asked the door man why I had been refused and he alleged that I had been ejected from the premises for a drug related incident the weekend before.

This accusation has caused me significant upset as I have never been involved in any drug activity whatsoever, and more to the point I have 12 years seniority in the Royal Navy who operate a zero tolerance policy on drug taking. To endorse this we perform compulsory drug testing on a regular basis. Furthermore I was carrying out Royal Naval duties at the time the doorman alleges the offence took place (the previous weekend). I then asked the doorman why he thought it necessary to tell people this. He told me most of our armed forces do drugs as he has close links to the Royal Marine Commandos. I explained my position and the things he was saying could possibly destroy my professional career.

Without a doubt the security team they employ operate generally at a professional standard however, under this circumstance, one of the employees of this nightclub has either been very much mistaken or regrettably has deliberately defamed me and besmirched my reputation. This has caused me significant personal upset and worry as to any further action which may arise from this unfounded comment. So much so of this incident, I have taken it upon myself to inform my superior officer on board. This is purely a protective measure to safeguard my current role in the armed forces should this accusation find its way back to my unit.

On the 5th of April 2014 I was refused entry and told barred all because of this unfounded reckless comment made on the 22nd of February. I fully understand if they want to bar me for my questionable nature on why they think these remarks are acceptable, however I would like these slanderous remarks to stop.

I would be very grateful if you could look into this matter for me and hopefully pursue an acceptable outcome of advice. As a regular visitor to this establishment, I hope you can assist me in this matter so I can continue to enjoy my weekends at home with friends in this club.

Thank you, Steven

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you want to be admitted to the club again or do you want a retraction of the statement?

Do you know the identity of the person who made these comments?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would just like to be admitted to the club again as this is where me and my friends go on a weekend. Unfortunatly I don't know the names of the door staff on the 22nd I tried to get the number and name but was furiously told to go away. So I did obviously to avoid any violent confrontation.

So are you just asking if you can force them to let you back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If possible, however I am concerned about their comments they have slightly gragged my name thru the mud saying these slanderous comments to my friends.

Also I very alarmed that they do think this about our armed forces which ill add is not true. We promote anti drugs to a high level.

Yes, I understand but I'm trying to understand what your questions is for me?

I really need to know what you want to know about this exactly? Possible it would be easier if you asked your questions in bullet points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

• Can you advise me what to say to the nightclub as a easy resolution?

• Have I got a leg to stand on with these unfounded comments?

On your specific points

1. There are no magic wands that will make this go away. There is nothing that you can say or do that will turn unreasonable people into reasonable ones. However, you do seem to be describing comments that are potentially defamatory that would give you a cause of action against them. You can always send them a letter reminding them of the laws of libel and slander or better still get a solicitor to do so.

2. Yes, these comments are potentially defamatory. They involve an allegation of involvement with drugs and that is not compatible with a life in service.

The difficulty with defamation actions is that they are extremely expensive and not to be undertaXXXXX XXXXXghtly.

However, in principle, you are right these are comments that would reduce you in the minds of most reasonable people and if they are without basis then that is defamation.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jo, thank you so much I know this is a very less sinister case for you in comparison to what you might normally get. Its just I'm very law biding and didn't appreciate what they said.

Can you point me in the right direction such as can I get the liable laws off the internet? and if so which is the best website.

You will find the law here
Experience: Over 5 years in practice