LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I engage a solicitor to represent me in a case of my home being

Customer Question

I engage a solicitor to represent me in a case of my home being sold by my son-in-law.
Recently I asked a letter to be written......I was told by the solicitor's office manger that he should not have taken me on because he was involved in the buying of the said house.....
I wrote to my MP, who in turn wrote to my solicitor .....I have a copy of the reply which is a blatant lie...in the letter he said that he had closed the case...but he still has not told that to me.. [email protected]
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

It seems that your solicitor may have taken on a case where he had a conflict of interest. What is it you want to know?

JACUSTOMER-yqw6ko9m- :

what I should do about receiving fair play. because of the delay I have been on a council waiting list for a long time and I am living in accommodation which my GP thinks is not satisfactory because I have to climb stair and do not have enough breath to do so. Whilst my house was being sold I was convalescing elsewhere.

LondonlawyerJ :

The body that regulates solicitors is the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Follow this link to make a complaint http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page

LondonlawyerJ :

Has your sale not gone through yet? and have you instructed solicitors to get on with the sale?

JACUSTOMER-yqw6ko9m- :

the sale had been done for over a month before I knew. Once a gain it was trying to get evidence for my local council, this time from Santander from whom I had the mortgage, at first they would not give me any information;

LondonlawyerJ :

I am not sure I quite understand. How can your solicitor sell your property without you knowing?

JACUSTOMER-yqw6ko9m- :

very good, thank you

LondonlawyerJ :

It seems you have been very badly treated by your old solicitor. A complaint to the SRA may well be in order. You may also be entitled to compensation if you have suffered as a result. Maybe it is best to speak to your new solicitor about all this.

JACUSTOMER-yqw6ko9m- :

my daughter and her husband shared the property and a while I put my son-in-law on the mortgage I also gave him permission to put the house on the market when he and my daughter separated but I did not sign the land document and others I have seen -so I contacted the police,

JACUSTOMER-yqw6ko9m- :

the last piece that you typed has vanished fro my screen , however ,I did read it., and will follow your advice. thank you, very much.