Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

my conveyancer does a bankruptcy check for £2 added to my solicitors

my conveyancer does a bankruptcy check for £2 added to my solicitors fees. What does this mean? I still have a B.R.U on my credit report although it was satisfied in august 2011 it doesn't come off my credit report until august this year. Will this affect the purchase of the property?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

The bankruptcy search only reveals EXISTING bankruptcy orders not past ones.

Alex Hughes :

If your bankruptcy order has been satisfied then it will not show on the search.

Alex Hughes :

The credit report search will only be done by a lender.

Customer:

Thats good news, my lender has done two credit checks (my rating is excellent but I noticed the bru although satisfied was still on it the other day) and instructed the valuer which came back as satisfactory, now they are doing final file checks (whatever that means) before they offer or not offer a mortgage. I am a first time buyer and I applied for the mortgage in January and still no offer its not good for my health, but you have put my mind at rest.

Alex Hughes :

My pleasure. All the best.