tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

N181 - File proposed Directions. The cover letter states that

N181 - File proposed Directions. The cover letter states that I must file proposed directions. Is this a time-line of actions required? Is there an example document you can point me to that I can modify. There is a table in Practice Direction 28, do I use this? if so do I insert my time line based on weeks as per the table or do I insert actual dates. I thought the court might dictate the timeline of events? There is also an Appendix FAST TRACK STANDARD DIRECTIONS?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

The HMCTS website contains proposed directions, you can get them here: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions

tdlawyer :

The website gives guidance too, but you need to enter proposed dates in the suggested directions.

tdlawyer :

To be honest, the Court just often changes them anyway, but at least your proposals will guide the court in what you're thinking you need to manage your case to trial.

tdlawyer :

Use the directions from the website, these will be the latest, as I don't know what version of the Rules you're looking at.

tdlawyer :

Hello!

tdlawyer :

Is there anything more you would like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a bit more guidance.

The template forms all seem to be MT - Multi Track.

The cover letter that came with N181 states that it appears that the case is suitable for allocation to fast track. Is there a Fast Track directions document? not sure what muti-track actually is?

The claim is for £13,500 and to do with the defendant mismanaging these funds. The funds belong to the claimant - they were given by the claimant to the defendant to yield a monthly return for the claimant and upon her death then be gifted to her chosen charities. Big question over the safekeeping, management and governance of these funds and the claim is to retrieve these funds.

Could you possibly direct me to the template I need to use. Many thanks.

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
The multi-track directions are for claims worth more than £25k. However, they're essentially the same as fast track. the only real difference is the time periods in the directions as the court tends to get fast-track cases to trial more quickly. This is why the don't produce a separate document for fast-track.

Multi track have more complex provisions about experts. but if you don't need experts, then they're pretty much the same. You shouldn't worry too much about getting this "absolutely perfect" as the court will end up chafing them anyway - it always does!

Tony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to clarify I am going to use the, 'basic MT standard directions order'

I need to serve the directions questionnaire to the defendant do I include the Standard Directions as well?

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that's absolutely correct.

You serve the Directions Questionnaire and the proposed directions. If you're the claimant, then you're likely to have to pay a small fee too.

Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and the very last bit :-)

do I leave the xxxxxs blank .......

On xxxx

District Judge Xxxxx sitting at Xxxxx, considered the papers in the case and

ordered that:

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you do - you can't know what goes in there for the time being!

Hope this helps!

Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fantastic, many thanks