29905560

I was scammed in a bad way in 2011 through to 2013

Customer Question

I was scammed in a bad way in 2011 through to 2013 - sold worthless shares and carbon credits that are apparently legitmate. There are 2 parts to this. In January 2013 when I found out that it was a scam I was contacted by Wong Brothers of China International Holdings Group who were so concerned about my problem and THEY COULD SELL MY YING PENG CARBON CREDITS (some rich China man, apparently a 10-20% shareholder of The Bank of China wants to buy ALL YING PENG CARBON CREDITS - I had to pay some tax and buy Bank of China stock from this guy who sold stock to make a loss to offset CAPITAL GAINS - min stock was 750K which I could not afford but I was given a SECURED LOAN at a cost (the dealings I had to make are too long to write here). 1. ARE CIHG SCAMMERS? - I think so as they have not answered any of my voice messages Tel +86 10-51235031. (2) Just recently when the CIHG trail went cold I am now contacted by another company DELEMONT GROUP based in Switzerland and Germany who now saying I do hold these carbon credits and stocks - they can sell both - the worthless shares will be used for offsetting CAPITAL GAINS TAX. Before any so-called deal can go through I would have to pay a deposit (a few ££ K) into a holding account to prevent me doing a trade with another company - apparently some of these shares a RESTRICTED & they will have to be de-regulated??!! 2. IS DELEMONT GROUP FOR REAL - they are quite happy for me to check them out as Dean Chapman tells me the company are members of the regulators BAFIN and FIINA. PS. I HAVE LOST MY LIFETIME SAVINGS. I contacted every police force in the world about the first scam - ongoing investigation.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I am a solicitor.

What is your question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Alex Hughes

I'm at a loss - I've given a whole story here +- 400 words with Q's!!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not receive a suitable reply

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
You've given a very detailed history of being scammed and reporting the matter to the police.

But what do you specifically wish to know from me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I did not get an answer - I got a question - this has happened twice. I phone yesterday and I was told that someone else would help. This has not occurred.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm still puzzled. I have asked 2 questions. The reporting to the police does not apply to this situation - it was a previous scam.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am happy to look into these companies for you in more detail - do you have any further information about them, such as websites?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Ben

China people – I thought they were my friends – they were so concerned after hearing my story about losing everything. Wong brothers (China International Holding Group) – strange as Sun (Sandy) Wong has a Canadian accent and Tao (Tony) has a London, cockney accent.

Sun (Sandy) Wong Chief Executive Officer

Majority Shareholder

Director, Member Audit Committee

China International Holdings Group

Twin Towers, East Tower, B12

Lower Penthouse,

Beijing, 100022, PRC

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.ciholdgr.cn.com

Phone: +86 10 5123 3031

Fax: +852 3006 4291 (HK Admin Office)

I have been dealing with them since a year past January 2013. Their site was there, small and not very professional but did mention how the Wong Brothers brockered all these deals. Now, I believe the website says, “under construction”.

New is Delemont Group – first person who contacted me was Simon Carter. The email address he gave me is an info @ one. So…[email protected] I found a website as follows: http://www.delemontgroup.com/ which I assume is them. When you go into the site, there is not an info@ address, but there is an enquiries @ email. The next guy who I get, calls himself Dean Chapman. [email protected] . As I said before, he is quite happy for me to check the company out to see if they are registered by BAFIN (Germany), or FIINA ( spelling?, Switzerland). I am awaiting a reply from BAFIN. I have not contacted FIINA. When I said I would fly over to meet him in Germany, he backed off and said that would be unusual and he would have to talk to his team first. This guy is good – slick and sounds super nice. Says all the shares I own are real and that I DO own these carbon credits as well. Has found 3 possible buyers – they would pay around 290,000 Euros for my shares (So called tax dodge) but I would have to put around 10% deposit into a holding account first! (so I don’t trade with another compnay once they have de-secured the shares??) I’ve told him I have no money but my new compnay (I had to liquidate the first company) has SOME funds – not a lot. He asked how much I could borrow? I said, I don’t want to go down this route again and embarrassingly told him I didn’t trust him – would need to check him out thoroughly. For all the so-called sites around the world, they have only 1 telephone number. I tried it 4 times yesterday and all I got was a message telling me all lines were busy – leave a message. The 5th time a chap with an Irish accent answered the phone – I just said I had dialled the wrong number. The number I called was: +44(0)845(NNN) NNN-NNNN This is spooky (might be a coincidence!), but I just received a call to my work mobile asking something weird. I was confused and said sorry I think you have called the wrong number – the guy on the end of the phone had the same Irish accent and sounded like the same person!! – this number (perhaps nothing at all??) is +35 XXXXXXXXXX a style="margin: 0px;border: currentColor;left: 0px;top: 0px;width: 16px;height: 16px;right: 0px;bottom: 0px;overflow: hidden;vertical-align: middle;float: none;display: inline;white-space: nowrap;" href="http://#" title="Call: +35 XXXXXXXXXX rel="nofollow" target="_blank">. Another thing I found srtange was that when Simon Carter called, he called my work mobile number – not a lot of people know that number. I asked Dean Chapman 2 days ago how did Simon Carter got my number – he said – he did not know. What I was trying to do was recoup some of the funds I lost, but perhaps CIHG and Delemont are scammers after all. I saw CIHG as a possible lifeline, but there has been no contact from them for 2 weeks. Alan

Hi, the issue with the situation you have described is that the common scenario is that all the scams are linked and the same people or their associates are behind them. What frequently happens is that you are scammed the first time round, then you are contacted by a new company and given the chance to recover your initial losses, of course by paying further fees. How do you think these people know you were scammed once and that you are trying to recover the money – they are the same group of people behind the first scam and are relying on your desperate situation to offer you a way out, knowing you are likely to accept, but in the process you just end up giving them more money. This can go on indefinitely until you realise it is all one big scam and stop having any dealings with anyone new that contacts you and offers you a way out or an opportunity to recover your losses.

Now looking at the companies, CIHG do not have a working website (it is under construction) so I cannot see who exactly they claim to be. However, I can check that the site itself was only registered last year to an anonymous party through a Japanese domain agent and that should already be ringing alarm bells because it is a very new site, which means the company would have little or no track record and there is also no reason why the owners of the site have to hide their details behind an anonymous domain – genuine organisations would almost never do that. Also I have done a specific close-caption search on them on the internet and I get no results, which is very strange as it suggests there is simply nothing on them online, meaning they are unlikely to have ever operated officially.

The same concerns go with Delemont Group – again you are being asked to pay fees in advance just to give you the opportunity to recover your losses to date. This is again a classic sign of a scam – promising you a light at the end of the tunnel but requiring you to make payments in advance, before you have any guarantees that what they claim to do can materialise.

Looking at their website, that was created only in January 2014 – very new and certainly no track record behind them. Again, the owners have decided to become anonymous and the domain agent was this time from Panama. They claim to have offices in the UK, but no sign of them in Companies House. They claim to have their HQ in Switzerland but on checking the official Swiss Companies Register – again no trace of a company with that name operating there.

So it all points to a scam, I am more or less 100% certain. You were scammed initially with the carbon credits, you were then contacted by the same or associated scammers offering you a way to recoup your losses and any money you have paid for this are also now potentially lost in this scam. It is a vicious circle – I have dealt with many victims of fraud that have lost thousands just like that.

The bad news is that recovering such losses is often extremely difficult. If I knew of a way that would guarantee getting some money back I would gladly advise, but having seen this over and over again, the reality is that only a tiny percentage ever recover anything. It is extremely rare. That would usually only happen if there has been a large fraud cell which has been tracked and busted by the authorities and they then use their assets to redistribute them amongst their victims. However, as there are thousands of fraudsters like this and thousands get scammed daily, the authorities simply cannot be expected to investigate every single one and follow up on every lead – the best you can do is report this and provide as much detail as possible. If the authorities receive similar information from others and can start building a case against them to show this is a large network and gain more clues as to how they may trace the culprits, then they could eventually act. The issue is that is out of your hands – you cannot force them to act and pursue these people, all you can do is report them and update them with any new information that comes to light.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ben. Thanks for a very detailed response in such a short time. You have confirmed my worst fears. Best regards, Alan

you are most welcome...and don't give up yet, do all you can to pursue this with the authorities, being careful not to fall victim again in the meantime