12826847

I rubbed my on a 4 year old girl private parts when I

Customer Question

I rubbed my penis on a 4 year old girl private parts when I was 10 - the family hush it up because it did not stress the girl and my future was a stake - the lady died 10 years ago of cancer - if her mother and step father change their minds can I still be prosecuted - it happend 63 years ago

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

There is nothing to worry about here.

Obviously what you did was an offence and if you were 10 then you were over the age of criminal liability although only just.

However, if the complainant is dead then she is dead. She cannot give evidence against you and the parents cannot do it for her. All they can do is deliver hearsay evidence about what she said to them which is not sufficient.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The girl said nothing it was my sister who caught me and made a massive fuss

I suppose she could give evidence against you in theory but its not likely.

I think the spate of recent acquittals have probably taught Crown Prosecutors something about the merits of prosecuting stale offences even though they keep announcing loudly that they are unrepentent.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/