Disclosure. Probably the most fundamental disclosure from

Disclosure. Probably the most fundamental disclosure from the defendant that I need sight of is a bank statement. Sight of this will either confirm the basis of my claim or not.
£13,500 was entrusted to the defendant in person (cheques cashed by him), he claims that this money is ‘safe’ within the Limited company that he has set up but has not been willing to substantiate and share any information. The limited company which he intends to register as a charity was set up solely for the claimant and therefore the bank statement transactions are solely associated with the claimants £13,500.
So is asking for sight of a detailed bank statement a reasonable request?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : If they do refuse then you can apply to the court for specific dislosure.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

I would like to ask for sight of documents that I believe should exist but my guess is that they do not. Am I allowed to ask for the disclosure of such documents?

Thinking in particular of a document to do with the governance of a company identifying its operation. Particularly if this chap is lining this up as a charity … who are the beneficiaries, what do they receive and when etc. What would this document be formally referred to as? Some sort of memorandum?

Alex Watts : Yes you can ask for it.
Alex Watts : They should have it on their disclosure list anyway,

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience