13262538

Dear Sir/Madam I very stupidly had a one off affair five years

Dear Sir/Madam
I very stupidly had a one off affair five years ago, and after realising what a dreadful mistake I had made, ended it immediately. My partner of 16 years and I have been co habiting in my house, and last October two of our friends thought it was, for some reason, a good idea to tell my partner. He has apparently moved into rented property, bought a different car and I have had no contact with him apart from now 2 solicitors letters threatening to make me sell my home.I have constantly tried to ring, text and have tried to see him at work to no avail, as I do not want to throw 16 years of happy times down the drain and want us to have counselling and try to get together again. He has not responded and I am desparate. I still love him and have told him so via phone and text. He contributed to all the utilities in the house at £500 per month but did not contribut to the mortgage. I did have a Declaration of Trust drawn up to say if we did part, I would give him £50000. Unfortunately I cannot afford this amount of money. I have offered £10000 and £50 per month, and I can sell my car which would gain another £9000. I am unable to afford legal fees, and a remortgage would ruin me. I am desparate as I still love him, have worked very hard our home, and want us to get back together. This is a very one sided decision. Can you help?
Miss D Goodwin
Please [email protected]
How much is the house worth and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No children

House worth approximately 375 I am sole owner

How much is outstanding on the mortgage and may I ask why you signed the Declaration of Trust?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. 97000 outstanding as remortgaged.

2. Because of the value of the house IF anything happened I didn't want anyone to have half.

Best Regards

Sorry - do you mean that you wanted your ex to have something or not to have half?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The declaration of trust say that if we parted I would give him 50000 rather than half the value of the of the house. Does that make sense?
It does indeed - but why did you agree to it - had he actually paid towards the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I bought the house for £53000. I spent £50000 on it to do it up and it is now worth £375000 because of its location and size. 50000 is a lot less than half it's value if he wanted to take half of it. He contributed to all utilities, food, dogs cleaner etc by direct debit of £500 per month which I have got records for. The money never went towards my mortgage. Regards
So whay and when did you decide to gift him £50,000?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had the document drawn up about 8 years ago. I did think it was fair at the time as I did believe that we would never part.
What does the Declaration say about how an din what circumstances he can force the sale of the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I have asked for a copy to be e mailed across to me .
With Regards
Thats fine - let me know when you receive it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please find attached a copy of the declaration

It is not good news I am afraid
If he will not agree to your offer of payment by instalments then he can apply to the court for an Order for the sale of the property.
Sadly there is simply no way around this
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help
HI
You are welcome - I just wish the news was better