29905560

Hi All, I bought a Hoover washing machine on the 25/04/13 and

Hi All, I bought a Hoover washing machine on the 25/04/13 and in November last year it broke down. Since then I have had a barrage of wrong parts and missed appointments from Hoover. I bought it online from Electricaldiscountuk and Hoover say I must approach them for a refund as I have had to buy another machine.

Do I have a right to a refund after all this time?

Many Thanks,

Danny

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Unfortunately you will no longer be able to get a refund because you can only do so if you reject the item within a reasonable period of time and after a year it is highly unlikely this would still be the case (usually we are talking a few weeks after purchase). However, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 you still have the right to a repair or replacement, without causing you significant inconvenience so you can pursue the matter further in that respect

Customer:

Then it would be Hoover to replace?

Ben Jones :

No your rights are against the seller, not the manufacturer

Customer:

ah, interesting. Thanks Ben

Ben Jones :

your rights against the manufacturer are only limited to any specific warranty you had with them but your statutory rights as explained above are against the seller

Customer:

But its Hoover that failed to repair it, the seller delivered on their promise to supply?

Ben Jones :

that is irrelevant, your statutory rights are against the seller alone - if you are getting the repairs under a warranty and they have failed to meet their obligations under the warranty that is a separate matter and it could be a breach of contract by Hoover but that does not affect your statutory rights which are solely against the seller and they are the ones you can pursue for a repair or replacement.

Customer:

Great Thanks. Its not letting me leave a rating so I'll log back later and try again