75100385

my brother has a business i which he was renting three offices

my brother has a business i which he was renting three offices for his for his business. he asked me if i could put a recording studio in one of the offices and i agreed so i sound proof the room at cost to me and put equipment in the place. i left the studio with him and a colleague of his to run on a day to day basis along with the other things he was doing.
its now come to light that he has been served with a notice to quit for rent arrears and not honouring what ever arrangements which where made between himself and the centre.
he asked me to remove my equipment from the studio as he was just going to leave voluntarily.
so this is what i done. i've since received word from him saying the centre wasn't happy with the way the room was left and they want him to redecorate it, he's now come and asked me to do it, which im flatly refusing to.
so i need to know where i stand legally in regards XXXXX XXXXX matter.
thanks

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is in the agreement please regarding this?

Customer: Hi I don't have any arrangements with any of
Customer: them
Alex Watts :

if there is no clause or provision in the agreement about who is responsible for the state of the property then the Landlord can NOT rely on that

Alex Watts :

This is because the contract should contain all the terms and conditions

Alex Watts :

If the landlord wanted something extra in there, then the Landlord should have put it in

Alex Watts :

If the Landlord did not then he can not now add this

Alex Watts :

therefore if there is no clause regarding state of property upon exit, the landlord can't now add it

Alex Watts :

Customer:

hi Alex

Customer:

Hi Alex i think thats all clear now. so thanks for your help