UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

After being told at nursery that my child had been involved

After being told at nursery that my child had been involved in an incident involving a member of staff being seen rough handling him by a parent of another child and an enquiry was going to be held I am very concerned that the nursery will not tell me what happened. They now inform me that it has been considered and my child was not harmed. They will still not tell me what happened. Am I entitled to know this information.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid not if the nursery consider that no harm occurred to your child and do not wish to discuss the matter further with you. However, you may approach the other parent if you know their identity and ask them what they saw. It is up to the other parent to decide whether or not to tell you.

If you are still not satisfied by the nursery's stance not to give you further information, you may discuss the matter with the head or move your child to another nursery.

Can I assist further?