75100385

Damages. What typically does this include? From your

Damages. What typically does this include?

From your previous help I will be using a figure of £18 per hour since the date the claim was filed regarding time spent on dealing with the claim. Should judgement go in my favour and should the defendant be able to pay my intention is that this sum will go to charity. Is it worth stating that within my words regarding the remedy the claimant seeks, as I want the defendant to also understand this point. I am doing this as family, to resolve an issue that the defendant is ignoring and as such if he causes continual frustration and more hours that he could of otherwise avoided I would like him to be accountable for this.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Damages is different from costs of litigation

Alex Watts :

Damages is for example, you buy a laptop and it is faulty.

Alex Watts :

It costs you £500 to repair

Alex Watts :

Those are your damages.

Alex Watts :

The cost of litigation at £18 per hour is a COST and not damages

Alex Watts :

Therefore you only initially include damages

Alex Watts :

But when the trial is over and if the Judge finds in your favour, then you seek your costs

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

Thank you. You have also cleared up the 'cost' question I had. But when I went through the pre-action protocol stuff I advised the defendant on what my take on the 'claim including losses' is and I included some 'costs' which I am now presuming was not the right thing to do?

Alex Watts :

That's ok - but costs are AFTER liability has been established

Customer:

Do I need to advise the defendant on anything re the financial claim side of things at this juncture?

Alex Watts :

No not yet

Customer: