UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Myself and my partner have been dating for the past 18 months

Customer Question

Myself and my partner have been dating for the past 18 months and she is hopefully going to be adopting her nephew within the next few months, i have a risk of sexual harm order which prohibits me from being alone with any female under the age of 16, i got this when i was 18, i was accused of something i didn't do and if was getting in the way of my life and college so they offered that and i accepted it. because myself and my partner are not married or living together and because its a male under 16 and not a female will this affect her ability to adopt him?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your RoSHO should not affect your Partner adopting her nephew and as you have pointed out, the RoSHO is in respect of a female child, not male.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
HiI am sorry but I am afraid that my colleague is not correctShe MUST tell Social Services about your record (unless she has already done so) and she is likely to be told that continuing the relationship may well jeopardise the adoptionThis is because as part of a household with a child in it you may will be in a position where other young female children will visit the house and be seen as being at riskShe will need to show Social Services that she is aware of and has strategies to cope with, this possibilityClare
Apologies for the confusion, my colleague has not realised that you are not part of the same household as your partner so there is no reason why you would come into contact with female children if your partner adopts her nephew.

You would just as easily come into contact with female children in the streets.

Hope this clarifies.