12826847

I got divorced in 2001 after living with my husband for 25

Customer Question

I got divorced in 2001 after living with my husband for 25 years and 3 children although only married for 4 years but livedtogeher for 25years. I ha always worked during this time full time even though I wa sbringing up the children. My husband was a captain for British Airways but I never ever knew what he earned but knew he had a good pension. We had a villa abroad which he kept and I stayed in the house and owed him a lump sum when it was sold .He carried onpaying interest only morguage until my youngest daughter went to University. Then the afreement was I would pay him back which I ddid 4 years ago when I sold the house.I had always worked but in 2008 was made redundant.Imanaged yofind work and then moved to a new area where it has been increasing difficult to find a decent job and have had to claim job seekers allowance. I was able to buy a house with the proceds of the sale and what I owed him which is about the same value as the property he owns.He retired years ago now and has a veery large pension and also from working for another airline for 7 years plus his old age pension. I on the other hand am on job seekers appling for jobs Im now 60 this year and my state pension age has been moved to 66 this was not what it was going to be when I got divorced so I am now on the breadline is there any thingthat can do about going back to court as my circumstances have changed.He payed maintenance for the children until they were 18 but I never received anything for myself. I did sign an agreement saying it was full and fimal settlement except for £1 CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE

Many Thanks
Do you have copy of the Financial Order that was sealed by the court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I do what informayion would you like?

What does it say about pensions?