Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have signed a mobile phone contract for four phones, the

Customer Question

I have signed a mobile phone contract for four phones, the mobile phone supplier has said the tarrif I signed for is no longer available, but are saying that i am still obligated to use them as my supplier. I have found a better deal elsewhere, and want to use the new contact.
I would asume if supplier number 1 cannot deliver I would be within my rights to asume the first signed contract is null and void. Could I have your thoughts on this issue please.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is AJ and I will assist you. If they sold you 4 phones on the basis of a representation that you would receive a certain tariff and you get the phones only to be told the tariff is no longer available you are entitled to reject the phones. This is potentially a misrepresentation. I suggest if they do not cancel the contract you report the to Trading Standards (WWW.trandingstandards.gov.uk) and Ofcom (the communications regulator). I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ