UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My husband married me through arranged marriage knowing very

My husband married me through arranged marriage knowing very well that he was very damaged from his disturbed childhood.He has abused me emotionally and has tried to supress me so many times.These are just a few things amongst many other things he has done to me including jeopadising my health.wHAT ACTION CAN I TAKE?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear this.

If your husband has mental health issues such as depression then you both may be eligible for couples counselling on the NHS, see here

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/counselling/Pages/Couplestherapyrealstory.aspx

You may also separate from your husband I.e. Move out of the marital home if you can't stand the abuse anymore and see if that helps to cool things down.

As a last option, you may also consider divorcing him on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour if your marriage has broken down irretrievably and your husband has behaved in such an unreasonable manner that you find it intolerable to live with him or her. This will be relatively easy for you to show to the courts and your marriage should have lasted for at least a year.

Can I help further