UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I bought a trial sample of a product called Raspberry Ketone

I bought a trial sample of a product called Raspberry Ketone Blast ( a weight loss product) I was billed £4.95 for it which I paid by credit card. What I did not realize and suspect many other people don't is that in the small print of terms and conditions I was apparantly signing up to agree to pay 99.95 in 14 days time! and subsequently the same amount each month, some trial product! The product arrived 8 days ago and I have been trying it, thinking that if I found it helpful I could order some more, I find that I have been deceived by the advertising into thinking I was only purchasing a trial sample.
I have contacted the company who are adamant that they will not refund my £99.95 though they will agree to cancel the ongoing monthly payment. ( the company will of course send more of their product for the monthly fee.)
I consider I have been misled by their advertising and I'm sure many others also.

My question is what they have done legal and in the spirit of the law?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid you are one of hundreds of people who have been scammed by this company. See here for the endless people complaining:

http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/rasberry-ketone-blast/

I would suggest that you contact your bank's fraud department and see if they are able to refund the money back to you. You should also ensure that no further money is taken from your credit card by this company by alerting your bank.

You may go to court but there is no guarantee that you will get your money back and you will spend a lot of time.

Can I help further?