Please can you help? I am trying to get a sensible answer

Customer Question

Please can you help?
I am trying to get a sensible answer out of Sky.
My question to them was, I have a Sky Sports Package which when we brought it had all
the PremierShip football games on, now they have lost the tender to BT, we have to pay extra to see the games we would have already had if Sky had not lost the rights.
It was sold to me as that, so why can they take them away and not reduce the amount you
pay to Sky to make up for having to payout to see the games with BT.
Hope I have written this so you can understand what I am getting at.
Thank you for your help in this matter, frustrated Sky customer

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to know if they can take away products, (ie Preimership Football Games), and say if you want to watch them you have to pay someone else, to watch what you all ready had before they took it away, and not alter the amount we pay for less games or inferior games.

To me they have changed the boundries of the Sky Sports Package

I agree with you however for Sky to provide this, they would be breaking the law and the law will not condone that or enforce an agreement that breaks the law.

What it does however is give you the right to cancel and I think it gives you the right to cancel without notice or at least pay a much reduced fee for the period of the notice.

I have dealt with Sky in the past and what you get out of them really depends on who you speak to.

I know the people of cancelled and had greatly reduced prices or increased service however it depends who you speak to as to whether you have to cancel or the threat of cancellation is enough for them to come up with an acceptable deal for you

Of course that is not a legal solution, it is purely a practical one based upon my knowledge and there is no guarantee of course that you would get another deal but they do have criteria where they can compensate for matters like this but, they are in business so you really need to twist their arm to get it.

What you cannot do of course is make Sky give you this service.

You could possibly sue them under the Supply of Goods and Services Act because the service is not as described however you will probably find that in their small print that you agreed to, they can reasonably vary the service which allows them to do exactly what they have now done.

In that respect, you need to check the terms and conditions of the service agreement in minute detail because if they have not reserved the right to do that (which I would be very surprised about) they are in breach of the Act and you are entitled to compensation and the cost of getting the service elsewhere to be paid by them.

I would not hold out much hope of them not having covered this already because the football contract is renewed on an annual basis and therefore they would not be able to offer it ad infinitum.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile