12826847

My husband had an affair and the women involved keeps walking

My husband had an affair and the women involved keeps walking past our house twice a day. She does not need to go past my house to go to work this is distressing for my children & me.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is she loitering outside or just passing by on a public street?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She knows that this is winding me up to say the least, she can go three other ways to school. I feel that she is waiting for me to respond by hitting her! This isn't going to happen but it is causing me alot of stress and I cannot move on, I cannot forget about it, it wasn't a sexual affair but she is walking past on purpose to either see my husband when he is alone, he has assured me that he wouldn't speak to her but there will always be a but! Can you write a letter requesting that this is classed as harssement & to stop going past?

I'm really sorry but if all she is doing is walking past your house then that is not harassment.

Loitering outside would be harassment maybe. It would depend on her reasons but that would clearly amount to an act of contact.

I understand this is distressing for you to see her but she has a right to walk the streets of the UK in public I'm afraid.

I do appreciate there are other routes she could take but she is under no obligation to vary her choice of route for this reason.

Unless she takes some action against you that exceeds walking past your house there is no act of harassment.

It would be different if she were pacing up and down outside your house or loitering but walking past on her lawful business is not against the law I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.