75100385

In replying to a Letter before Claim, will such reply cover

Customer Question

In replying to a Letter before Claim, will such reply cover at all the Claim Summary of Evidence sent with the letter.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you explain the situation a little more?
JACUSTOMER-ybfn8r1m- :

Is a Defendant required to reply to allegations made against him in a Claim Summary of Evidence sent to him by the Claimant with a Letter before Claim. The Claimant intends to start legal proceeding at the High Court of Law. The question: is the defendant required by law to provided substantive response to the Claim Summary of Evidence in advance of Court action against him by the Claimant.

Alex Watts : Is the defendant required - no
Alex Watts : Once the time has elapsed given then you can just issue proceedings.
Alex Watts : Unless it is for example personal injury, the protocol is that they respond.
Alex Watts : But even then if they do not it does not prevent you from issuing proceedings.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

You have rated POOR SERVICE

Alex Watts :

What else would you like to know from me about this?

JACUSTOMER-ybfn8r1m- :

Please note that I used Just answer UK Law's services one off on 9/4/2014, and did not apply or subscribed for the one year trial. Please confirm, but in case I did by mistake which I am sure I did not please cancel it. I will send this email to my credit card company if money is taken from my credit card in the future. Please acknowledge this instruction, very urgent. Thanks, Columbus.

Alex Watts :

Why have you rated BAD SERVICE?

Alex Watts :

I am an expert and have no access to billing - you need to email customer services

Alex Watts :

But why have you rated BAD when I have answered ALL your questions?

Alex Watts :

This is a pre action letter - right?

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-ybfn8r1m- :

Did not deal with my questions properly. Assumed I was the Claimant. Did not advise on Pre-Action Procedures in a civil claim case.

Alex Watts :

Forgive me, you did not ask about the pre action procdures

Alex Watts :

Your question was: In replying to a Letter before Claim, will such reply cover at all the Claim Summary of Evidence sent with the letter.

Alex Watts :

The answer was no

Alex Watts :

If you want to know about the pre action procedures

Alex Watts :

What type of case is it?

Alex Watts :

Ie personal injury, contract etc?