The patio door was smashed by him punching into the glass. We have photos taken and he admitted doing it to the PCSO.
The PCSO has just acted as a mediator and was never meant to collect any money. He was supposed to ask them to post it through our letter box, but as the front door was broken, to let us know when they would so we could collect. I assume he thought it would be easier for him to deliver.
1. Would the courts not prefer this to be solved outside through mediation, even if that is the police a ting as the mediators?
2. If I have to take it to court, what do I have to do to prove he 'intentionally' broke the door?
3. Do I have to attend court opposite him and answer questions etc? What is the process?
4. What are the fees involved for going to court? How much are court fees? Solicitors fees? Any other fees?
Could I recover these as part of the damages?
6. What are my chances of succeeding? How long does the courts process take?
7. In your opinion, is it worth taking to court?
I all this incredibly stressful and want it to be over with. At the same time, I can't let Anyone get away with breaking my door! I'm scared they will feel they can damage my property and their will be no consequences for them.