UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, My mother named me and a firm of solictors DKLL who went

My mother named me and a firm of solictors DKLL who went into administration in 2008 as executors and trustees of her will. I have contacted the SRA who now hold the latest copy of the will. Does this mean I am now the only executor and trustee as the solicitor no longer exists and their records are held by the SRA?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Yes, if the firm has ceased trading, you are the sole executor left and you may apply for grant of probate yourself and explain that the professional executor appointed has ceased to trade and therefore is not involved in the administration of the estate of your late mother.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looking at the probate form I have to fill in, it says give the names of the executors who are NOT applying for probate and lists A,B,C,D,E as a reply as shown below.

A = Pre-deceased
B = Died after the
deceased
C = Power Reserved
D = Renunciation
E = Power of Attorney

None of these fit, so what do I put in the very small place left to answer this?

You may leave that blank and explain in a letter what has happened and enclose proof e.g. SRA confirmation.

All the best