Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have recently returned from a holiday from New Zealand and

Customer Question

I have recently returned from a holiday from New Zealand and Australia booked through STA travel agents Norwich. I arrived home on 25th Feb. The claim filed with STA was sent on the 4th March 2014.The main claim was the incorrect campervan hired from Britz in NZ
plus the fault with camper and having to travel back to the depot on the 4th of the being put up at a hotel at Britz expense picked up another van which also had faults but was just roadworthy. This van had not been prepared properly with no water to use and the toilet had not been emptied a false audible noise indicating the doors were open even when locked. As this was annoying I could not travel in it meant staying at camp and not being able to see NZ. I stated STA that the holiday was from HELL. I have had no response from them I require the next action to take please!
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. May I ask how many days out of a total of how many were spoilt by the issue please?

Customer:

14 days

Joshua :

I am sorry you have rated my service to you as bad. Could you kindly confirm this was an error before I continue please?

Customer:

14 days

Joshua :

Customer:

I thought you were asking about the service of STA not your service

Joshua :

Sorry no; you have quite possibly accidentally provided a rating of "bad" in respect of my service to you above. In light of this, in order to continue, may I confirm with you that this was an error and you would like to continue to assist?

Customer:

I have only been asked how many days were spoilt which was 14 and expect me to give you a rating on 1 question

Joshua :

I am sorry we appear to be at cros purposes. All I can tell you is that the site advises you have provided a rating of "bad" Unfortunately on that basis I cannot continue unless you are able to confirm this was not intended. If you are able to so confirm I will be very happy to continue to assist; If you are unable to confirm that you did not itend to rate my service as bad then I will reluctantly have to opt out of this question. Would you kindly let me know?

Customer:

What else do you require of me?

Customer:

I have contacted help from somebody to show me what my next steps should be

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for rerating. Was your holiday 14 days in total? If so how many of these days were spoilt by the campervan issue? Was it all of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because I miss understood you question on rating of your advise I have been cut off from your service thank you very much!

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
I am very sorry for the technical issues. We can continue as a question an answer session however.

Could you tell me was your holiday 14 days in total? If so how many of these days were spoilt by the campervan issue? Was it all of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The holiday was for 32 days in total. 3days in Singapore

the next 3 days was in Auckland

the next 14 days was on the campervan

the next 3 days in Sydney

the next 3 days in Perth

the next 3 day in Singapore

arriving home 25th Feb

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. On what date did you arrive in NZ? You mention you had to return the original camper van on the 4th which presumably wasted part of your holiday.

After you got the new campervan you refer to poor quality of the same. Do I understand that you were able to proceed with your holiday from there but the faults and lack of preparation of the campervan spoilt your enjoyment of the trip? Were you able to get the campervan serviced and the water tank filed?