Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have been asked by a Charity called United Nations Dead Disability

I have been asked by a Charity called United Nations Dead Disability Scheme with a winnings of £100,000 in cash which will be delivered by UPS team.
Is this genuine.?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify please, they are asking you to pay money for a certificate in order to deliver your winnings please? Have they explained what this certificate is?

Customer:

Its a certificate not ton pay tax for the winnings

Joshua :

Customer:

Its for a certificate not to pay tax for the winnings...i don't know if this is genuine.

Joshua :

based upon what you say, this is a typical advance fee fraud scam. Such scams are many and varied but all contain two essential features-the promise of some form of reward in return for some form of upfront payment

Joshua :

there is no requirement for a certificate such as that you have been asked to pay for and there is no registered charity by that name nor do charities typically involve themselves in paying out substantial winnings of the nature suggested.

Customer:

I have received from two deaf friends, one i know well that they had received their winnings.

Joshua :

in my view, the appraisal is an attempted fraud designed to defraud you out of the money they have requested as payment and should be avoided. if you are concerned to establish bona fides of the scheme you would wish to ask them for their registered charity number, registered office address and registration with the Charity Commission and details of their independent auditor. How have they asked for payment? Would this be a money transfer of some kind? How did they contact you?

Customer:

By face book and pay by By Western Union but the lady there warned me off !! have you heard of his company?

Joshua :

I am afraid this has all the hall marks of a classic scam. I cannot comment on your friends that have received their winnings but Western Union is the favourite of scammers because payments once collected cannot be traced. Charities do not use WU for payments. I can only offer my view on the matter which is that this would appear to be a classic scam and there is no record of a genuine charity by that name.

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Customer:

Thank you for all that..i am deaf so this is perfect way to talk over legal issues.

Joshua :

A pleasure. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do no hesitate to let me know.