12826847

I am a man aged 65. As a young man of about 26 I married and

Customer Question

I am a man aged 65. As a young man of about 26 I married and had 3 children before the marriage ended in divorce seven years later. I remarried some years later and have now been with my present wife for 32 years and we have one daughter who is 26 years old. My ex-wife has not remarried.
There was never a final settlement with my first wife because she claimed that she only married me in the knowledge that I would inherit from my Mother. At the time of the divorce I was an impecunious actor with nothing to give her. My mother died 10 years ago. No claim was made against me at that time or subsequently. I did inherit a third share (with my two brothers) of my mothers estate which enabled me to pay off the mortgage on my house.
However, since the divorce - some 36 years ago - I have been paying a weekly sum of £15 (£780pa) to my ex wife. Now that I am an OAP I feel inclined to stop these payments. Do you feel this would be unwise?
Bill
Was there an Order made that you pay this amount?