Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE

Hi My names XXXXX XXXXX and 21/3/14 a driver in Peugeot

Customer Question

Hi My names XXXXX XXXXX and 21/3/14 a driver in Peugeot 206 hit me from the rear of my 525 bmw on the a507 in stotfold claiming I cut into him. My insurance co Axa says because I admitted I did changed lanes after looking in my mirror & indicating and the way was clear he came from nowhere at what must have been a great speed and after around 5-6 seconds later I was shunted in the right side of the rear. The question I want to know is it possible for 2 cars traveling in the same direction in aXXXXXto have the Peugeot 206 to be Totally written Off and my insurance co axa holding me fully liable. They say it was equivalent to me Reversing into Him was there actual words. Richard
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Do you have a legal query relating to the incident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't have a legal query

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello where is your response ?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Please clarify your specific question so that I can move it the correct category, and you can then receive an answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The question is am I in anyway responsible for this accident ?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

I am afraid there is no exact answer to your question as unfortunately all insurance companies have their own policies for apportioning blame.

What I can tell you is the following:
1. If you want to refute their version of events you will need to provide some form additional witness or expert evidence to show you were not entirely at fault for the accident;

2. If on that basis you do not think the insurance company have treated your fairly then you should make a complaint to the financial ombudsman.‎ - If the insurance company have not apportioned blame correctly the FoS will be able to rule on this and if appropriate compensate you accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.