75100385

My daughter owns a leasehold flat with a parking space. Restrictions

My daughter owns a leasehold flat with a parking space. Restrictions have now been put in place regarding her parking space, only she is allowed to park there, no visitors to her flat. Also the visitor parking spaces have now a maximum 5 hour stay restriction, which is rather inconvenient if I wish to stay overnight Should the Land Registry title be altered and should she have been asked if she agreed to the restrictions. I ask this as I got a parking ticket parked in her space!.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What does your lease about who is able to use the parking space?

Customer:

It states on the Lease "Common parts" such entrances, passages, fire escape ways, staircases, service roads service yards, forecourts, visitor car parking spaces and other areas of the estate from time to time provided for the common use of tenants occupiers visitors or any of them, but excluding any such other areas or car park areas which are from time to time designated by the landlord for use by individual tenants. My daughter does have a designated space as shown on the Land Registry. A new management Company have taken over and implemented parking restrictions to her space and the visitor parking space. However the management company advise me that they did not want the five hour restriction it was Secure Car Parks who wished for it to be implemented.

Alex Watts :

Sadly they can't

Alex Watts :

If the lease does not specify a parking restriction on the car used they can't

Alex Watts :

Clearly its her space and they can use it how they want

Alex Watts :

This means she can give it out if she wants to - they can't stop her

Alex Watts :

As for visitors, they can limit the hours because that is not included in the lease.

Alex Watts :

So in short - her space, they can't do anything about, visitor space - she can't do anything

Alex Watts :