75100385

my mother got a car on finance 3 years ago, when she was in

my mother got a car on finance 3 years ago, when she was in full time employment. Since ten she has had a breakdown and is suffering with severe depression. As she is not in the same job the day she gets paid is different. The original pay date was 30th of each month she now gets paid every four weeks. we have explained this to them several times and the car payments are uptodate. The man we spoke to today was quite aggressive with my mum to the point where it has taken over an hour to calm her down. My mum is not up to handling her finances at the moment so I have been given permission by her to deal with all her creditors. She has told the finance company on the phone and in writing that they can talk to me and they still refuse. Are they allowed to do this? Also They say there is no chance of changing the payment date, But I thought companies were supposed to offer several payment dates?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What does the agreement say about changing the date please?
Customer:

noting that I can see

Customer:

just says about making regular payments to the agreed amount

Alex Watts :

Can they refuse to speak to you - no

Alex Watts :

If your mum has given consent in writing they can talk to you

Alex Watts :

As for the payment date - they are not required by law to offer different dates

Alex Watts :

If the agreement is set up to take payments on x date then legally they are under no obligation to change it

Alex Watts :

However common sense would suggest they could

Alex Watts :

But sadly you can't force them

Alex Watts :

Customer:

no thanks that is a great help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/