75100385

The defendant has written a ‘without prejudice letter. I

Customer Question

The defendant has written a ‘without prejudice’ letter. I intend to respond to him with a letter which is not restrained for use and he is welcome to use it whenever he wants to. Obviously I cannot use his letter but can I use my letter within the disclosure documents for trial?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes you can use your letter for disclosure but not his

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything?

Customer:

That is excellent. I wont be copying his words verbatim, but I do intend to wrap them into my own words as I respond, which I take it is Ok. just double checking. Pete

Alex Watts :

Yes of course.

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today as always

Customer:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. There are a couple of quotes (fabrication and lies from him, but he does say he is under a psychiatrist after someone tried to kill him in 2010 ..... no idea why :-)) that the claimant states were made to him from me within his 'without prejudice' letter. I am for the record responding to his letter and need to know if I can copy the statements that he alleges I made to him within my response?

Yes as long as you do not mention any offers of settlement or admission of liability.