12826847

Hi I have been caught on camera exceeding the speed limit in

Hi I have been caught on camera exceeding the speed limit in a 30mph Zone I was doing 52mph in the dark I am extremely worried I may loose my licence as I have 3 points for speeding all ready and have to travel back and fourth to work and for my children, rather than being issued with a speeding ticket and fine I have been ordered to attend court or plead guilty by post can you offer your advice please on what would be the most likely out come if I plead guilty by post? They have photo imagery of he offence! Kind Regards Lena

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Sorry for the delay overnight.

Do you accept doing this speed? Obvious its quite high.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes as it's on Camera like I stated in the first question could you please just tell me the answer to my first question, if I plead guilty by post will I loose my licence?
Yes, you could.

52 in a 30 mph zone carries either 6 points or 7-56 days disqualification.

Its fair to say that you are at the lower end of the scale so I would expect 6 points rather than an outright ban but its a risk.

Its a risk though even if you do attend court but generally if you attend court you are in a better position to persuade them to exercise mercy in your favour.