75100385

I have raised same issue twice concerning a boiler-room scam. DO

Customer Question

I have raised same issue twice concerning a boiler-room scam.

DO the major banks have a duty of care to protect and advise their customers concerning possible fraud

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : If the transaction is unauthorised then clearly the banks do
Alex Watts : But if you authorised the transaction then the bank will not stop it
Alex Watts : You can spend your money how you wish
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer :

The accounts that this fraudulent company set up were with these banks HSBC warned us about possible fraud the others raised no checks or hesitation at all.

Customer :

You are saying if not authorised by me then banks are wrong if I sent it voluntarily then I was at fault for not using due dilligence and checking first even though the existence of Nat West and Barclays Bank business accounts that a fraudulent organisation set up would not trigger alarms necessarilly with them.

Customer :

The Big Banks money launder and have false accounted in the past 12 years for example is this not fraud

Alex Watts :

You can complain to the Financial Ombudsman - but it would be for the Police to investigate not the banks

Alex Watts :

It is not the job of the banks to regulate their customers, that is for the Police

Alex Watts :

I am sorry as I know this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be truthful

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/