12826847

I am awaiting a letter for a speeding fine,for me it is a serious

I am awaiting a letter for a speeding fine,for me it is a serious offence 94mph in a 40mph
a totally out of character event,i have been driving 30yrs without a single offence.At the time i was in a rush to get to an appointment running late.The road i was caught by camera was the A59 Longsight Road Lancs.Since recieving the NIP ive done nothing but worry because i work all over the UK and my transport is by road.From looking at web sites they say you could get a instant ban.When the letter eventually comes my plea will be guilty ,my question is, When if needed would it be advisable to consult a Lawyer ?

Thankyou Gary Testro

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you have any previous convictions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No previous convictions passed driving test 1984 ride motorbikes and have driven HGV ,i am normally very aware to the road just had a lapse in concetration with rushing

Do you mean 94 mph in a 40 mph zone?

If so, have you been in for police interview? They would not normally charge that as speeding.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was a static camera all ive had at the moment is a NIP.I dont live in the area where the offence was committed

I'm really sorry but if they can prove these speeds then I'm afraid you are realistically looking at a summons for dangerous driving. These are speeds 20 mph plus over the highest speed in the highest bracket.

If they do charge this as a speeding offence then plead guilty urgently before they realise their error.

Even if it is a speeding offence, this would lead to a ban I'm afraid. Points would not be appropriate. There will also be a financial penalty.

If its a dangerous driving then there is a mandatory ban for a much longer period. Also, you are facing a community order Im afraid. Its not the worst dangerous driving if its just excessive speed over a very short time

You should plead guilty to maximise credit and you would be assisted by a solicitor. If its dangerous driving then you would get legal aid. If not then you would have to self represent or pay privately.