UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have received a reply from home office that says: Your

I have received a reply from home office that says:

Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention
On Human Rights, which are complex in nature. As it falls outside our
Normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please
Be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

I do not under stand their reply. Please help.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You don't need to do anything.
Alex Watts : It just means your matter is complex and It is going to take them longer to decide.
Alex Watts : That is all it means - its going to take longer. You dont need to worry
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am a UK immigration expert and will try and assist you.

What type of application did you make and when and how did you make it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Initially I had student visa, then later given discretional leave to remain which was 3 years. When the 3 year was about expire the home office website directed me to complete the DLR application form & I sent it off on 29/08/13.
Thank you.Your application is for leave to remain outside the immigration rules so it would appear that the Home Office is verifying whether or not you have genuine human rights grounds so as to grant you further discretionary leave to remain.However, it is more than 6 months since you last applied and you are entitled to be worried about your application.I would suggest that you lodge a formal complaint about the length of time it is taking for your application to be decided, see here for how to do sohttps://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedureThe complaint should speed up your application. Please take a second to rate the answer. Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience