12826847

I am a 80year old pensioner (disabled) I received a letter

I am a 80year old pensioner (disabled) I received a letter from south west train demanding a fine for £52.00 the named person had used my home address.I sent the letter back saying
not at this address using the send back to sender address,not knowing how long this would take I crossed out my home address and sent the letter back to the sender address.I put a stamp on the envelope to make sure it will reach its destination.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The letter was addressed to my home was Parent or Guardienof

master Freddy Kean XXXXXSousea Portsmouth Hampshire PO4 0JA. The area I live has a few students houses in this street so all they needed was the post code and they could use any number household

OK. Thanks.

So what would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What else do you want to know ?

Sorry if I'm being unclear.

I need to know what your question is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happens if I get another claim from the heading on the letter is IRCAS

PO Box 212 Petersfield Gu32 9BX

Is it addressed to you or to another person ostensibly living at your address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no other person living at this address as I lost my wife on the 13th January we have lived at this address for the last 46 years.

Ok.

So it is in your name or that of another?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am the only owner .the house is in my name but the named person on the letter is not me.Somebody named Freddy Kean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My name only no other person lives heer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My name only no other person lives here

Whoever that person is, most likely he would receive a summons rather than a further letter.

In any event, its nothing for you to worry about. You are not the person named on the letter. You are not the summons person. You will not be liable.

Even if there is a prosecution in absence it would only lead to a conviction of this nominal person and so no action could be taken against you.