75100385

My father owns the lease of the shop I run. I paid him £95,000

My father owns the lease of the shop I run. I paid him £95,000 for the business but the lease on the property is in his name (he refused to change it) he has now said he wants the shop back so his daughter can have it. He is my stepfather she is his real daughter. Can he evict me? I pay the rent direct to the landlord and it is not in arrears

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did he put anything in writing please?
Customer:

No. But we have proof that they money was paid to him as a financial consultant was involved in the sale.

Customer:

no but we have proof that the money was paid to him as a financial consultant was involved in the deal.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : In order to evict then a court order is needed.
Alex Watts : You can defend it on the baiss you have been paying the lease and have evidence of the sale.
Alex Watts : Therefore the only person that can evict if the landlord.
Alex Watts : If there are no arrears then the landlord can't evict.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you. That has clarified this. Now I know he cannot evict me for no reason I feel much better. I thought I was going to lose my income as he was so insistent that he could do this and with a mortgage and three children and another on the way ....... very worrying!

Alex Watts : Indeed
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

id like to rate you excellent but cant click on it