UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

HII am British national . last year some body contacting

HI I am British national. Last year some body contacting me to do some telecom business and we started and made some business with them for short time, after that they invited us to visit their country and find out more business opportunity. They said they arranging all the Visa, Ticketing and accommodation over there, we hand over our passport to them here in uk , they made visa in uk Algerian Embassy and they paid all the fees and ticket etc., after sometimes we change our mind to go there as we felt un comfortable to go to stranger country same as Algeria . Nowadays one of them keep asking for money for no reason behind, we refused to pay anyhow, in last SMS they said, they investigate and they found we provide Fake documents to Algeria Embassy, (which we did not at all, even we never attended to EMBASSY) and all has been arrange with themselves. Now they said they will follow this and send me to jail etc., last two days we have informed to police, but we are worry if they misused our data and passports during that two weeks time which our passports was with them in order to apply for the visas, we need legal help and advise to make sure there is no an problem coming after us, please contact me if you can help thank you

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear this.

Have you got your passports back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI

Yes sir, we got the passports back after they put visa on it.

But Our passports (my passport and my biz partner) was with them almost two weeks that time.

And we don’t know what they did with our passports and what document they applied to MBC to make these visa.

And base on what they did that time, they start threat us to pay other way they will do something’s to put us in trouble,

Basically they are blackmail us, really we don’t know what they done or not.

We need to take necessarily action to keep ourselves in safe side for any future coming problem

Please advise us about this matter, and let me know how can you help ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI

The best thing to do is to,report the matter to the police and to stop all communication with them.

You may apply for new passports and get these ones cancelled due to the criminal issues involved and threats by these people.

As an extreme, you may change your names, and address if you really wish to. You may also apply for an anti harassment injunction against them, this is a civil order from the courts stopping them from harassing you and they may be arrested and charged if they break the court injunction.

See here for more information about the injunction
http://www.injunction-direct.com

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI

As I said in my first statement last three days we have informed police about this.

Also Change the name and passport is not good option for me as I use it for my business daily activity.

I would like to know name of any organization, which we have to inform them about misused or fraud possibility and they have to aware about that, for example UKBA or any other, maybe they will take further investigation on that?

What do you thinks?

Please advise

You may report to Action Fraud which is part of the Police

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk

UKBA will not be interested as there is no UK immigration or nationality issue here.

Hope this clarifies.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI

One of them UK passport holder,

But we are worry if they used our passports during that two weeks to traveling , or provide to other people to travel with our passport ,

Do you know any related UKBA Department which we have to inform them about possibility of misused?

Please advise

I suggest you speak to the Passport Office for further advice on what can be done to prevent misuse of your passports

https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

Please take a second to rate the service.