75100385

Hello, I want to start an action against a large corporate,

Hello, I want to start an action against a large corporate, the evidence for wrong doing by the corporate is in internet published books. This intellectual property that I want to protect if costs go against me. Can I protect myself by registering a private company? the company will bring this case against this corporate. I will hire my intellectual property out to the company for a nominal fee to bring the case.

If costs go against the company, it will bankrupt the company, will this give me immunity from personal bankruptcy? The case is complicated, I have all the knowledge to bring this case, the cost of hiring a law firm to bring the case before the high court is phrohibitive.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I don't quite understand what the dispute is please?
Customer:

you do not need to know what the dispute is about

Customer:

If you cannot answer the question, please refund my card. Thanks AJ.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, what you are proposing to do appears feasible.

The company is a separate legal entity from you and you may licence the IP to it and then bring an action against the corporate violating the IP rights in the name of the company.

This should protect you from personal liability if costs are awarded against the company.

Only exceptionally can the courts lift the corporate veil I.e. Hold you personally liable if costs are awarded against the company, and the lifting exceptions do not apply here. You may read this for further information

http://incelaw.com/ourknowledge/publications/piercing-the-corporate-veil-supreme-court-clarifies-the-english-law-position

Hope this helps