hi there I was caught by a mobile camera van on sevenoaks

hi there
I was caught by a mobile camera van on sevenoaks by pass doing 74 mph in my 3.5 ton van
I was accelarating to pull out from behind a truck to avoid an accident as the car behind me was coming at a higher speed there was a lot of traffic and a lot of people panic braking
also there was only a camera warning sign about 20 yards before the quarter of a mile parking sign where the camera van was sat
also the camera van was sat on the inside of a bend where it is covered by trees so no one can see it until the last second
It was a downhill stretch of road about a mile before the m25
The vehicle I drive is the highest powered one you can get ( I like to have the power to get out of trouble )
Im a professional driver who drives all over europe and cover over 50000 miles per year

I am taking the case to court what are my chances?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you have any other points please?

Nothing that I can think of

Alex Watts : Ok. Your defence is what? It was an emergency? It was not you?

I was just on my way to a job and had to accelerate so as not to cause an accident because of where the camera van was parked

Alex Watts : so it was because there was an impending accident, have I understood correct?
Alex Watts : How do you know people were panicking? You can't have known what they were thinking?

yes I was on the inside lane behind a truck which started braking heavily there was a car bumper hugging me so as to not cause an accident I had to accelerate into the outside lane which was where I was snapped

Alex Watts : Ok. Is good and bad news

good news 1st please alex

Alex Watts : The bad news is you have to plead guilty.
Alex Watts : You were speeding.

Alex Watts : The good news is you could try and argue special reasons not to endorse
Alex Watts : That is it does not amount to a defence, it's to do with the offence not the offender and is something the court ought to consider.

how would i go about that?

Alex Watts : You would ideally need a solicior to argue this for you.
Alex Watts : But if accepted the court can give you no points.
Alex Watts : But you have to plead guilty, as you commiteed the offence.

ok thanks for your help alex

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you?

no all understood thanks again

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience