75100385

I am in dispute with my neighbour about my european eagle owls

I am in dispute with my neighbour about my european eagle owls hooting at night what are the legal decibels aloud at night from birds

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you reported this to the Council please?

Customer:

no im the owner of the birds but the neighbour has and i have received a letter from the council

Alex Watts : Sorry yes, what does the council say please?
Customer:

The neighbours are saying to the council that they are at the end of their tether due to noise nuisance. We have had the birds now for over 3years and never had a problem before even with the neighbour that lived there before these ones.We would just like to know where we stand legally on keeping birds of prey in our garden no other neighbours have any problems with us.We are also registered with the Independant Bird Register and the AHVLA in Bristol this is my husbands hobby for over 30yrs

Alex Watts :

OK - so this new neighbour moved in AFTER you had the owels?

Alex Watts :

owl

Customer:

yes they did we havent had any problems up untill now

Alex Watts : Ok. Case law says that if a person moves to a nuisance they can't do anything about it.
Alex Watts : It likes moving to heathrow and complaining about the noise of planes.
Alex Watts : There is no prescribed law as such as it is common law which means if is not in statute.
Alex Watts : But generally the accepted level is now set at 34 dBA if the underlying level of noise is no more than 24 dBA, or 10 dBA above the underlying level of noise where this exceeds 24 dBA.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

thank you very much for all your help will certanly use this service again but hopefully will not need it.

Customer:

kind regards paul & jo