31090051

I work for a small company where I have shares. If I were to

I work for a small company where I have shares. If I were to leave, could I take the shares with me? Can the company buy the shares back? At that point, how are they valued?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The answers to your questions may depend on the terms of any contract of employment or shareholders agreement you have with the company and you should check that.

However if there is no agreement, you are free to take the shares with you. If you sell them however, the valuation would normally be with reference to the company's share price on the date of sale.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. All I have is a share certificate with no agreement. The company is not a public company. So I wonder how those shares would be evaluated?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The company accountant would normally value the shares in a non public company.