75100385

If a business partnership is sued in Scotland does the claim

If a business partnership is sued in Scotland does the claim effect the partners personal assets and property?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Its bad news I am afriad. You are governed by the partnership act 1890 as the rest of England and Wales.
Alex Watts : if the partnership is sued then sadly your personal assets can be seized or sold ato enfroce the debt.
Alex Watts : This is because you and the partners are joint and severally liable.
Alex Watts : So whoever has the biggest pot of assets the creditor is likely to go after them.
Alex Watts : But your assets can be seized or sold.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you wanted and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Could the partnership be legally dissolved before the court case.