75100385

I wish to purchase my council property, they have turned down

Customer Question

I wish to purchase my council property, they have turned down the right to buy and asked that i should apply for the right to aquire, I have been a council tenant now for two years previos 13 years a tenant of housing association, previous to that a council tenant for three years. What i dont understand is , to get this huge discount i had to have a public sector landlord (eg a council, housing association or NHS trust) for 5 years - it doesn’t have to be 5 years in a row or in the same property,

could i use the previous years a teant with a differnt lanlord to get a discount of up to £75,000 or i did i need to be a tenant of the landlord i got now to get the discount.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply. #

Alex Watts :

What is the reason for refusal please?